4/05/2012 | By: Alex

The dead and alive

As I lay on crimson roses I felt the sun touch my cheek with its warm glow and heat my veins with liquid fire. My limbs were not my own for I could see them moving in front of my eyes but I could not feel them at all. My eyes felt scorched and my throat parched.
It almost felt like dying…
Except…
I was already dead.

I rose from my grave on a hot summer day and set to find my first meal. A rabbit fell easily in my grasp and I drained him dry quickly.
Only when the moist of his blood touched my tongue did I truly felt revived.
I heard the laughter of humans. Poor, breakable, fragile humans, close by. But I did not follow. I was what I most desired to be, a vampire, but not a creature of the night for I had not taken any human lives.

I ran away from the humans and entered the forest. It was a beautiful thing… so alive, so full of life. I wondered through it for a while, until I realized my steps kept bringing me back to the cemetery, the place of the dead. For the dead. For me.

0 comments: